Monday, March 14, 2011

James

Last night James 3 was the chapter-of-the-night for my devotion time, and wow what a chapter it is! Pretty much every single thing in that chapter is something I need to/can apply to my life. However I think verses 13-18, dealing with wisdom, were pretty wonderful. There are a lot of temporal things I'm working toward (aka, baby weight) and there's nothing wrong with that, but what a reminder from James, that what I really need to be working on is things such as the wisdom from God. So, I am looking at myself and seeing where I lack and how I can be a person with a "good life."

James 3:13,17
"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in humility that comes from wisdom...But the wisdom that comes from Heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs