Friday, April 15, 2011

Bath time

I think kids are meant to be dirty (and make things dirty), and not the haven't-washed-my-hair-in-three-weeks kind of dirty, but the good kind that comes from making mud pies and finger painting. In my opinion anything that can be cleaned up or washed out is fair game. (My only rule is that they don't do it in there church clothes.) Joel and I don't always see eye to eye on this one, since he figures if you don't mess it up, you don't have to clean it up. I get that, I really do, and I know a lot of parents feel this way-I've had a friend gasp in horror and tell Sam to stop when he rolled down the hill because he was getting grass all over himself. To me though, there's something sweet about throwing a filthy little kid in the tub and having them come out pink and squeaky clean. For me, that means my house is far from perfect...today there are mud prints all over the floor and my windows are never clean, but that's just the way I like it.

Some of today's messy fun:


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs