Monday, April 11, 2011

Me

Wow! It turns out life is really really busy with Joel home! Definitely a good busy, but busy nonetheless. I’ve been debating whether or not to keep this blog, but I’ve decided that I will, and that my Christian life (and everything that goes along with it) will be the main focus.

My testimony:

I’ve been in church as long as I can remember. When I was about six, I asked Jesus to be my savior. I understood fully what sin was,  that I was a sinner, and that Jesus died on the cross for me.  When I reached junior high, I became confused about what being a Christian meant. I thought that because I was constantly making the same sins  God would write me off. I would spend nights begging Him over and over to forgive me.  By high school God was no longer a priority. I was definitely a  Sunday Christian (you know-the kind that only thinks about God or opens their Bible on Sunday). My senior year was a turning point for me since I had to start thinking about the future and who and what I wanted to be. I re-dedicated my life to Christ and got baptized. I think I still struggled with understanding who God truly was. I still pictured Him as some sort of cosmic police, just waiting for me to cross the line so He could bring down the hammer. It wasn’t until Sam was born that I understood again what I knew as a child-God loves me, He really truly loves me. As much as I loved the little baby in my arms, God loves me infinitely more. All the peace and joy the Bible talks about has become part of my life. As for my life today, I am trying to become more like Christ each day. I want to be the wife Joel needs, the mother my children need, and the person God wants me to be. It’s not always an easy task, but I can’t think of a more important one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs