Saturday, April 23, 2011

Organization

I am not the most organized person. Actually I'm rather unorganized, but this past year I've been trying to get better at making sure everything has a place. Every couple weeks I tackle a new project and slowly but surely things are getting neater and staying neater (the staying part is what makes me happiest). 

First up are the kitchen junk drawers. I have to do these every time I get in an organizing mood, because it's my go to spot for all the random things I don't know what to do with.

I got these little boxes from the dollar store (3 for $1) and I am optimistic that they might do the trick.They're pretty empty right now since I threw a ton of stuff away. They don't fit perfectly though, so they might end up driving me crazy. I guess time will tell.

I wish I could tell you I came up with this on my own, but I saw it in a BHG magazine. I have plenty of storage in the pantry, but things are always getting lost in there and it's usually a crazy mess. I love the shoe holder idea so much I'm going to use it in a hallway closet for all our craft stuff.




A couple months ago I bought a huge package of space saver bags to see if they would help with our escalating clothes crisis (I still have all Sam's and Allie's old clothes...I figure our last baby will be able to use one of the sets, but it's a lot). My only issue with the space saver bags is that some had slow leaks so eventually they aren't as airtight and compressed anymore.

Allie's bed is a pretty amazing storage system. It has Joel and my winter clothes (we have a tiny closet), maternity stuff, all Annaleigh's baby clothes, all the baby blankets/crib sets, and most of Sam's stuff. It's impressive what I managed to squeeze down there!

 I'm always up for tips, so if you have any tricks on keeping things tidy, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs