Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sugar and Spice

There's a sweet little girl in my life, and she's the apple of her daddy's eye. Annaleigh Danielle (poor thing, 29 letters in her name-mama and daddy had no compassion) aka Allie and Lou (Joel and Sam's favorite). What a girl she is! The other day I put her in a big poofy dress, and she immediately started twirling. Today she started crying and yelling "please" because she wanted me to paint her toes. She loves bubbles, balloons, and puppies, and most of all her little doll named Baby.
Annaleigh is not yet 2, but she's already mastering getting what she wants.  When I'm using my 'moms not happy' voice, she uses her sweetest smile, and when I tell her "no" she smiles and points to her nose even though knows what I'm saying. Don't even get me started on her bedtime stalling techniques!
Another interesting trait of hers is that she's not really fond of other children-especially those she doesn't know. She does ok with the kids she sees every week at church, but if a new kid comes up to her in the playground she gets upset and screams at them. Unless you are a baby, she definitely has a space bubble!

So that's a little bit about the smallest blessing in my life.


Here's Baby. It reminds me of the little doll on Toy Story 3. It gets washed all the time, but it's always a mess since it gets dragged everywhere.

Allie, Baby, and her little painted toes.

This dress makes me wish I was a little girl again. :)

And finally a little poem I love:
"Little girls are innocence playing in the mud, beauty standing on its head, and motherhood dragging a doll by the foot..She is loudest when you are thinking, the prettiest when she has provoked you, the busiest at bedtime, the quietest when you want to show her off and the most flirtatious when she absolutely must not get the best of you again."
~Alan Beck



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs