Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Balancing Act

Life with kids can be nuts. I know this is no surprise to any mother's out there, but every once in a while I still get shocked at how thin the line between normalcy and chaos actually is. I don't know if it is something I will ever obtain, but I am constantly trying to find balance in my life. It is just so hard! For example: a clean house. This is another one of those things that I thought I had down before kids. Before kids, I was always going to have a tidy home. I even *mostly* managed it with just one kid, which made me feel pretty confident in my homemaking skills. Then came Allie. Hahaha!
Allie's room after she decided to play instead of nap

It actually is possible to have a perfectly neat house with kids, it just takes sacrifice. It means less time playing with the kids, less time with the husband,  less time on facebook, and way more time stressing over crumbs. I've tried it-it's not fun. I've also thrown housekeeping to the wind. Not surprisingly that didn't turn out well either. It did result in quite a few tears over the fact that the house was messy.
Allie's gift to my freshly vacuumed floors today.

In general, I've settled somewhere in between the two, but there are still days when it looks like a tornado ripped through the house and days where the kids fall into TV induced comas so I can deep clean. ;) For now, I'm trying to embrace the mess as a gift from God. At first it sounds a little crazy, but I recently read a story of a woman who lost all her children in a car accident, and now her house that never gets messy and the windows that never get smudged are a reminder of all she lost. So yes, a messy house is a blessing. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs