Monday, June 6, 2011

Fruit Pizza

This isn't my recipe (actually, none of the recipes I've posted are originally mine, just modified versions), but it is super easy and soooo delicious.

1  package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package cream cheese, softene
1 small container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 tsp vanilla
Assorted fruit, thinly sliced. (strawberries, peaches, banana, and  kiwi are my favorites)

"Smoosh" all the cookies together (or make homemade dough) and spread out on a greased pizza/cookie pan. Bake at 350 until cooked through.

Once cooled I like to slice the cookie before adding the toppings. It's easier than cutting through the fruit, so serving time is less messy. You can just ignore my crazy colors. I was working with some Halloween cookies that have been in the freezer since october.




In blender, beat cream cheese with vanilla until smooth, then add whip cream.  Sometimes if I'm having a sweet tooth kinda day I add a couple tablespoons of powder sugar.

Next spread the mix on top of the cookie and then add fruit. (tip: dip the banannas in lemon juice to keep them from turning brown).


It's a simple and pretty treat, and everyone loves this thing. It's so good. We like to finish it off for breakfast the morning after (hey, it's got fruit so it can't be any worse than donuts!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs