Saturday, June 4, 2011

Outsmarted

Yesterday, I started working on potty training Annaleigh. She's still pretty young, but I think maybe she could get it. I decided to use the same method as Sam-kick the diapers and go straight to undies (besides a pullup at naptime/car rides). With Sam I gave him an m&m if he sat on the potty and a gummy worm if he actually went. It worked like a charm and was going to be my method this time. Allie's just too smart! After two tries sitting on the potty, she realized candy was involved, so she kept running to me with the biggest smile on her face and saying "I gotta go potty." Then ten seconds after getting on she'd hop off and say, "I want ball" (ball=m&m). As soon as she ate her candy she'd come running back needing to go again. She never actually did her business on the potty (which is normal), but now I'm not so sure this is the best method. Ahhh, I think I'll try for a few more days and see if now is a good time, otherwise we'll come back to it in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs