Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pillow mountains and other stuff


 I'm pretty sure I invented the coolest game ever: take every pillow you can find, and throw them in a giant pile in the living room. The kids are going to be so sad when we get a new couch and I don't let them do this anymore.




 It's definitely a game that requires some supervision, but I got to sit on the couch and watch this cuteness for an hour and a half...and now Annaleigh is so tired, she's actually sleeping during nap time. I told you. It's awesome. ;)

While I sat there, I finished up a little something I made for a friend. She's doing her daughter's room in Minnie Mouse theme, so I tried to go along with that. I kinda have mixed feelings about the final project. I hate all the tiny pockmarks that showed up when I sewed the letters on top of it, but I'm not really sure how to avoid that. Ahh, well. Hopefully she likes it anyways. 

 

 I also almost finished Sam's owls. He and I just have to come to an agreement on what to put them on. I say a stick will do, but he has more elaborate plans...

 And finally, I learned how to make these tiny roses. They take about 30 seconds each, and are super easy...I'm thinking of making a little door hanger wreath.




 I usually work on this stuff in the evenings after the kids go to bed. Joel and I have a system...He plays video games, and I put a documentary or something on the laptop and do my little crafts (and then we're in bed by 10:00 every night, haha). Sometimes I feel a little nerdy since I'm always busy and the final results aren't that great, but I think it's fun, so I guess that's what counts!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs