Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Truth revisited

Okay, I know it's way too early to make any judgements on this, but  I'm pleased to say that the lying in this house has gone down dramatically the past few days. After my last blog on the subject, Sam and I had a long talk about it. Sam told me he really wanted to stop, but didn't know how to, so I told him that if he prayed, God would help him. This took some extra explaining since Sam took that as meaning that God would make it physically impossible for him to lie. I explained that God would help him remember what the right thing to do was, but then Sam would have to make the choice on whether or not to tell the truth. (A good reminder for me too!) The next day when Sam was telling a lie, I reminded him that he had prayed to God for help and that right now God was telling him what the right thing to do was, and Sam decided to tell me the truth. So that was a pretty big step. Of course he's still struggling with it, but he's been doing a lot better, and has actually been honest more often than not. Hopefully it sticks! Every night when we say prayers, he has been asking for God's help without any reminder from me. How I love that sweet little boy!  Haha, a rather humbling moment-I was explaining to Sam how I have to pray and ask God for patience, and Sam had a list of my impatient times ready for me!

VBS is going pretty well. I've always thought about being an Elementary school teacher, but this is making me think twice about it. ;) We have 33 kids (23 of them boys) but thankfully there are lots of activities scheduled throughout the day. I taught my first Bible study to a class yesterday and was mostly able to keep them calm for half an hour, so i was happy about that! Here's a few pictures of our room. I can't take any credit for it though-I didn't do the boxes and the other ideas weren't mine (actually, I did very little-just some of the city cut outs on the wall). I only have pictures of the room I'm in, but all the classes are equally cute.
the "Broadway" stage

We added a basketball hoop against the board.

another angle

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs