Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thank you Vera

The other day I was out shopping for a pair of cheap sunglasses at Kohl's and I ran across a purse I loved, at 70% off it was $26.70 (which actually is about the top of my purse price range) but that was also about how much money I had left in the month's spending budget, and since I don't need another purse, but wanted a new dress, I passed it by.
I wear a lot of black and grey so I love a purse with color


I'm going to have to stop here because I am obnoxious. At least I figured it out myself. I'm one of those people who love to give adivce. I'm not so bad that I go around giving it to people I don't know (unless you're reading this and I don't know you, I suppose). I'm NOT that person that tells the pregnant lady what not to do, but I sure do love giving some friendly advice. Haha, on a be-nice-to-myself kind of day, I'd say it's because I'm a fixer, and if I see a problem I can't help but want to try to fix it. On another day, I might say it's because I'm obnoxious and meddlesome. It's probably a combination of the two.
SO, my advice to married folks: set a budget, and when you do, pencil in an equal amount of spending money for you and your spouse. Up to that amount, you are able to purchase whatever your little heart desires without having to check in with your better half. Even if it's a 6 foot tall bow (as in bow and arrow) or in my case another suuuuuuper cute pair of shoes that Annaleigh (or myself) does not actually need. Joel and I have been doing this for a few years, and it works really nicely. Kind of funny, but we started this system because I tend to feel really guilty about spending money on stuff I don't need and it drove Joel crazy since we could always afford whatever I felt too guilty to buy.

Anyways, back to my riveting purse story. So, I decided to tell Joel about my purse encounter, and asked him if he would be willing to buy it for me for Christmas and just stuff it in the closet until then. Sigh...yes, I was totally serious, and yes, I know Christmas is six months away (but hey, our anniversary is in only 5!) So after we came home with the purse I asked Joel where I should store it away, and he told me that I was being crazy and there was no way he was waiting until Christmas to give it to me. So now I have a new purse, and you have a very long story on how I got it.

4 comments:

  1. How very sweet of him! I have been banned from buying anymore purses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yeah, he's a sweetie. It's definitely not hard living with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purse is the perfect color and shape! I found you through plum, I love to find blog of other believers :)

    Ashley
    http://laluceimagery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grateful I don't have to wait for Christmas to use it! I will definitely be checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs