Tuesday, July 5, 2011

This and That

The kids and I went out on a Sam's Club run this morning...phew does that place add up fast! I am the very grateful recipient of a free membership thanks to generous parents who add me onto their plan, but I kind of wonder how much money it would actually save if I did have to pay for it. Probably not much...you can get some good prices, but you would have to get A LOT of those to add up to the $100 membership fee. I was thinking that I should come up with a price list on my most commonly bought items and compare them at Sam's, the commissary, and Walmart. It sounds like a good idea, but I probably won't ever actually do it. :P

Although now that I think of it, Sam's might actually come in handy soon! This next month is going to be a busy one. On the 17th Joel's younger brother, Michael, is coming to live with us for an indefinite period of time. (If you think of it, please say a prayer for my nerves as this is the third sibling I have the pleasure of getting to be in the car with as they learn to drive.) His girlfriend will be staying with us for a few weeks, and then in August Joel's parents and other brother and sister will be here for two weeks. We rarely get to see family, so we're really excited. Sam and Allie will be moving in with each other, so that's another thing that hopefully goes well!

Yesterday, I made a strawberry poke cake for the first time. It is actually really tasty (and super easy)! It's a pretty light cake, in part thanks to the whip cream topping, so it's perfect for summer.
 http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/raspberry-poke-cake/9edd24bc-1013-4244-b1b1-ad986ef40b4b




Christine, if you ever read this, this cake has jello in it, so I thought of you while eating my animal bones. Yummm yum. ;)

3 comments:

  1. hahahah you crack me up bethany!
    i'll definitely say a prayer for you, you're so kind to let all these people stay with you (and indefinitely no less!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny part is that for a few days after learning about gelatin it really grossed me out, but then I decided that unless I was going to become vegan then I couldn't let something like bones in my jello get to me. ;)
    Well, I do feel for my brother and sister in-laws since they're coming to the US for the 1st time with parents in France. And thankfully I convinced Joel not to sell the Neon (that one of his siblings got into a bad wreck with) so maybe I will be a little less nervous since that car is already trashed. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really the only thing that grosses me out, occasionally I'll have an "ew, meat" moment but then we'll drive by a five guys or something and I'm like bring on the burger!!!
    oh my, what else could happen right!? ;) well they are really lucky you guys are so hospitable!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs