Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Weekend

This weekend was one of those beautiful weekends for me that just made me happy to be alive.

 Thursday night I dyed my hair a dark brown then woke up the next morning completely panicked that I made a mistake (even though I've done my hair this color before). I'm such a baby about change! I'm definitely not the adventurous type. It only took me a few hours to change my mind and decide that I do like it. I have really dark eyebrows, so to me it just seems to match better.

Friday night, Joel and I went to the Air Force Ball together.  We really only go because I like to dress up, because honestly the food's not that great and all the formal stuff is kind of boring, but we always have a good time. I've been feeling kind of fat, so I decided to get a new dress this year. It's kind of an expensive way to deal with insecurity, but I do actually love the dress I got (besides the fact that different angles add like ten pounds in pictures). I got this one at JC Penny's for $65 so it wasn't too bad as far as formal wear goes. I was feeling pretty tired (see bags under eyes in above picture;) so we didn't stay for the dancing, but it was still fun.

Saturday was where the real fun was. We went to a friend's lake house, and it was gorgeous. There's nothing sweeter than laying in the sand and watching the kids build a sand castle with their daddy. :) Our friends had a speed boat, so Sam and I went tubing together. He's such a brave little man!! I was so proud of him-we were going fast! Annaleigh was upset because she didn't get to come with us, but I didn't realize how much so until she took off out the sliding door during dinner and started making her way to the dock. It's a little scary how independent kids can be sometimes! We went out again later, and she loved it. She was standing up looking over the railing the whole time. :) By that time the sun was setting and it was just so beautiful. The next morning the first thing she said to me was "I need the boat." Then when we went to church every person she met she asked about the boat. Such a cutie. ♥

Haha, well, it was nice that we had such a great weekend, cause it's only Tuesday and it feels like its already been a long week!

same lake, different day :)



2 comments:

  1. your weekend sounds like so much fun :)
    and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! And yes, it is always nice to have a friend that owns a lakehouse! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs