Sunday, October 9, 2011

Grown up...

Well, our decision (that really big one I wasn't very specific about) was made. It really really hurt making it. It's so hard because we have so many things to consider like what's right for the family member and what's right for our family. I think that we made the right decision, but it was really hard because I know that it hurt someone I love a lot. Sometimes I doubt myself, thinking things like, "how can something that hurts so much,  be the right thing to do??" I guess it's tough love or something, but it stinks, it's the kind of thing that makes me wish that I wasn't a grown up and I could just hide under the covers and pretend I'm five again.
Haha, I've been really upset the past day because of this mess and at church this morning someone asked me how I was doing (in the generic 'how are you' 'I'm fine' kind of way) and I totally started crying and telling them that I was fine and everything was great all at the same time. I actually did that twice today! It's not that I don't want to share my problems, I just didn't want to get into a complicated story and emotional mess at that time. Lol, Joel told me I am an awesome actor and definitely had them fooled. ;)
It also made me think about the article I read recently about how facebook actually makes people depressed because they think other people's lives are so much more awesome/better than there own is (since people tend to only post stuff that's exciting or good news). I definitely wouldn't say that facebook depresses me, but it's interesting to think about!

4 comments:

  1. :( sending you hugs! Being a grown up is tough, I am right there with ya! And I can definitely see the whole facebook thing! sometimes I envy the people who act like they have the perfect life with the perfectly behaved kids who never fight with their sibling and their perfect husband :P darn perfect people lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I need a hug, lol! :) I think I tend to not really put anything negative in my statuses, and it's defnitely not because my life is perfect, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TRY not to but sometimes I get too fed up haha I was friends with someone on facebook that would constantly talk about how her kid was by far the cutest ever and all her homemade meals (she even went as far as to say wives should have hot meals waiting for their husbands and if you don't then you are lazy). it's people like that that make me go "ugh" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I hope she's not your facebook friend anymore! :P

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs