One of my favorite things we do is each year we buy a special ornament that represents something special that happened that year. We only have eight right now, but I love to think of all the memories that will be represented 30 years from now.
Here's what we have so far:
1. 2004-(couple) the year Joel and I got married
2. 2005-(Eiffel Tower) our trip to France
3. 2006- (mobile) Sam's first Christmas
4. 2007- (airplane snowflake) Joel joined the Airforce
5. 2008-(house) bought our first house
6. 2009-(not pictured, Precious Moments baby) Annaleigh's 1st Christmas
7. 2010- (not pictured/cap and gown) Joel gets bachelor's degree
9. 2011-(dog) got our new puppy
This last year was the hardest because nothing really big happened, so I was planning on just getting some beachy ornament since we went to Charleston, but then we got Dallas, so that ended up being this year!