Thursday, January 12, 2012

24

I suppose I should start by saying that I am under no illusion that I or my doctors are in control of my pregnancy, everything is under the will of God. That being said, there has always been a little sigh of a relief to me when I reach 24 weeks. (That is the stage when doctors will take measures to save your babies life if you happen to go into premature labor.) This week is week 24 for me. Haha, it sounds like I've made really good progress in this pregnancy thing, until I remember that I have 16 weeks left. Well, technically 15 but that's another post. :P This is the last pregnancy I'm planning on, so I'm trying hard to enjoy it, but it has been so hard! Without too much complaining, I'll just say that I will be happy when our little guy gets here.
I meant to write about this when we found out Baby's gender, but time got away. We are so happy to be having a boy. Joel was a little disappointed because we had a girl's name picked out, so we still have some work (we actually have three names on the list now, so Baby T may not be a Baby T after all!), and I kind of wonder what we'll do about room sharing in the future (if that's even an issue) but other than that everyone is thrilled. I always think ultrasound dates are a tiny bit bittersweet...for 20 weeks-really even longer-you have these two little people in your mind that you love. The possibility of your future son or daughter...so all three times I've found out what I was having there has been a teeny bit of sadness, kind of like having to say goodbye to one of them (I say that very very loosely, because it's obviously nothing like actually losing a child). But now it's like I have all my love going towards our little boy instead of split up between the two. I don't know if this makes any sense and it is horribly sappy. I'm almost embarrassed to write this, lol.
I also recently got Baby's first outfit (I still have all Sam's baby clothes so I don't need a lot). I've gotta say, even though girl's stuff tends to be a whole lot cuter, it's fun buying baby boy things again after 2 years of pink overload! ;)

3 comments:

  1. i totally get that (about the girl/boy thing and getting attatched to the idea of both) i went thru that with both girls :)
    i am excited for your family, such a wonderful, happy time for you all! and pregnancy aint all its cracked up to be so dont feel too terrible about not "enjoying" every second lol some parts are amazing, the fact that a little human is growing inside of you, but almost every other part is not quite so *amazing* :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for saying that, because honestly, I've been pretty much miserable this entire pregnancy. Joel hears plenty of whining and complaining, but I feel a little guilty talking about it to other people. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the little one to arrive!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs