Saturday, January 7, 2012

Projects

Well, I completed my first project of 2012! I got my craft area organized. Having everything in its place has been really nice. This house on base is totally going to spoil me with the huge walk in closet and pantry (where my crafts are)!

See that sewing machine? I still have no clue how to use it. :P It drives me crazy. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my sister-in-law to come over soon and teach me otherwise I'll have to find classes somewhere. I have a lot of things I want to try. I've even gotten fabrics, I want to make a nursing cover with the flower pattern and a reversible carseat cover with the brown and blue ones.

I have this really ugly, but still functional dresser that I'm planning on re-doing for Baby. I've spent a lot of time researching how to paint laminate furniture without sanding, so hopefully it works!


And finally, starting this Wednesday, I am going to start leading a small craft class (10-12 ladies) for Gap. I'm excited and nervous! I need to start coming up with ideas that take long enough to do-about 40 minutes-is simple to explain and carry out, and is cheap to make.

3 comments:

  1. Geeze I would drag that sister-in-law of yours over and make her show you how to use your machine! Those are really cute fabrics by the way. Also love the organization of the craft room. Where did you get the big tupperwares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know I need to! :) I just feel bad, dragging her out to teach my pathetic self how to sew. Those are actually plastic shoeboxes from Walmart that cost $1 each (and some from the Dollar Tree, but those were a mistake)! I was so embarassed by that pantry when everyone went in there on Christmas...it's definitely improved now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I drooled a little at your pantry. haha

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs