Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Countdown

We have an official day that Baby will be joining our family! April 24th it is. Of course, the little guy could always come early, but miserable as I am these days, I think it would rather have everything planned out since we have both Sam and Allie to think of. I guess we'll see. One thing I am so very thankful for this time around is that we have family nearby to help us out. Last pregnancy we really didn't know anybody so it was  stressful not knowing exactly what we'd do if I went into labor before Joel's parents got here.
I was really freaked out about having a third c-section (side note: I learned that my husband does not appreciate me casually mentioning my fears of dying on the operating table...apparently the thought of losing a wife and raising three kids alone is not very comforting, haha. I'm pretty over that fear now though) but at this point, I'm kinda just like "it is what it is, let's get this over with". Besides the pain and recovery, there is something totally creepy about having surgery while you're awake, and as dumb as this sounds, I'm kinda terrified of getting the epidural again. It probably doesn't help that last time around I had an intern do it who honestly sounded like she'd never done one before.
Anyways, it's kinda crazy when I think that all three of my babies will have been born by cesarean. Definitely not the way I would have planned things, but I don't feel as if I've been robbed of the "birthing experience" as a lot of women say they do. I did get to do water breaking and several hours of labor with Sam, which in a way I'm glad about, but I can't say I'm upset that I've never pushed a baby out. I do get a little bit annoyed by the tsk tsking of women who talk about how horrible it is to have them unnecessarily but in the end it was my choice to listen to my doctors, so I can't really complain about that.

2 comments:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs