Saturday, April 28, 2012

Made it!


Tuesday, April 24th, our little Owen was born. I know he's only a few days old, but so far he is just the sweetest thing. My c-section went well, and we were only in the hospital for 48 hours when they discharged us. Thankfully, between Joel and his mom I haven't had to do anything besides relax and enjoy my little cutie since coming home (8 more days before reality starts!). I'm slowly recovering from the surgery (which is kind of a horrible painful experience) and now dealing with typical breastfeeding issues, but I guess at least I'm getting the really painful stuff over with at once. Sam and Allie are in love with Owen. So far there hasn't been any jealousy at all, but honestly, they kinda prefer hanging out with their grandma over me, so they just poke in and out of the room during the day. I think Owen is a fascinating bundle of cute, gross, and boring to them. The night we came home from the hospital, Annaleigh was feeling sick and when I went to check on her in the middle of the night she would go between crying about her head hurting and telling me she loved her brother. It's sweet. My heart is just so full of happy right now it hurts. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's really amazing that you got to go home so soon! Hope you recover quick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get home quickly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs