Saturday, June 23, 2012

Changes...

Looks like things are about to get even busier around here! Joel is changing career fields so in September we are going to be moving down to Texas for six months of training. I love moving around and living in new cities (Texas isn't new, but the city after it will be) so I'm excited about the upcoming changes. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is all the packing. The military will do the move for us, but if we do it ourselves we'll get several thousand dollars for our effort, so to me it is worth it. For some reason, the town we're moving to has very very limited apartments/housing options. We'll be extremely lucky if we can get into a 3 bedroom apartment (I've literally had people laugh at me when I asked about getting on a waiting list) so while we're hoping for the best, we're preparing for the worst. Our backup plan is to get a two bedroom apartment, put all our stuff in storage, and live on air mattresses for six months. I'm planning on starting the packing process right away so we have plenty of time, the only thing that is  little hard is that it will be close to a year before we see anything we put away now. Mostly though, I am just praying that we get into a good apartment complex. The place we rented last time had some really bad problems (think major roach infestation, ugh) so if we can get into a 2 bedroom in a good area I will be very happy.

1 comment:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs