Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shredded Beef Tacos

I didn't actually come up with the main portion of this meal on my own, so I don't think it's too boastful to say that it was awesome. Ate-so-much-my-stomach-hurts kind of awesome. I found the recipe over at Cooking Classy She has a million amazing looking recipes and her pictures are gorgeous. My food never looks that pretty. You can see for yourself.  Shredding the beef takes a little time, but other than that it's simple and quick to put together. I cooked mine for 7.5 hours and it turned out very tender. We had ours on corn tortillas with pico de gallo, sour cream, and cheese. We were also going to have guacamole, but Dallas ate my avacado.

A few weeks ago there was a demonstration at the PX where someone was trying to sale a food processor, and he made a pico de gallo that I got to sample and it was delicious. I made today's from memory, and whether or not I actually matched his, this was really good. Sam and Allie even liked it. I used my Magic Bullet blender to speed things up, so technically it may be salsa since it's runnier than it's supposed to be. You can always chop everything by hand if you need to though!

Anyways, here is the recipe although everything is to taste:
2.5-3 roma tomatoes
1/4 yellow pepper
1/4 red onion
juice from 1/2 a lime
small bunch of cilantro (I normally don't like cilantro, but here I did)
1/2 tsp salt
Jalepeno to taste. I wanted the kids to eat this, so I didn't use much as you can see(even this might be too much for some kids though)







1 comment:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs