Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mothers


There's not a whole lot of TV I like out there, but I love The Colbert Report. You know how people always ask, "who's the one person you'd like to have lunch with?" Well, Stephen Colbert would be my guy. I bought his book I Am America (And So Can You!) a while ago and came across it again while packing. Here is a little piece of his on mothering (the last sentence kills me):

There's something I call "The Maternal Instinct."  It's a natural part of every female from the paramecium all the way up to our female human woman. Females need to nurture constantly, so they hate any time alone where they are left to think, shower, or sleep. For a mom to be happy, every moment away from her children must be filled with the soul-wrenching thought, "Am I a bad mother?" 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs