In retrospect, I wish I had done the wings like they were on the tutorial, or at least made them brown. I feel like they're awkward. Also, there isn't a beak ( I just stuck a piece of felt there to give you an idea since Annaleigh refused to put the thing on) the plan was to just "paint" a beak on her nose.
the back-lots and lots of feathers
It kind of reminds me of the last time I made something for Sam:
I patched a hole up in his pants, and I thought it came out cute, but he hates them. Refuses to wear them. Who woulda guessed?
Also finished up the skirt. In another "retrospect" moment, I should have made a very simple one to start off with instead of messing with all the ruffles, and learned how to measure/sew properly, because the skirt came out too short and tight for my liking. (I also didn't line the ruffles up properly in the back where the seam is) I used this tutorial: http://bugaboominimrme.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-fully-admit-to-taking-superfluous.html
and it's a really good one. Easy enough for me to understand. I'll definitely try it again once I have the basics of skirt making mastered!
It was supposed to have another row of red ruffles under the black layer but it got lost in there. :P It actually looks better here than in real life.
silly girl :)