Tuesday, October 16, 2012

our new normal

We all know kids are expensive, but losing a laptop to baby spit-up? Bummer. Thankfully Joel has a computer so I'm using his until we figure out whether or not it's worth it to try to get mine fixed...:/

Anyways, Joel went back to work on Friday. It was the first full day he's had to work since two weeks before we left Georgia. It was a good run! As nice as it was having him around, I think we're all ready to be on a normal schedule again. He's working a "mid" shift (3pm-midnight) so it's a lot different than what we are used to. It's only for five months, and this is only the second night on that shift, but I think it's going to work well for us. Joel gets an hour break, so he comes home for dinner, which is really nice, otherwise he wouldn't see Sam at all during the week. Evenings might get a little lonely, but for now I've been busy. Sam's doing great at his new school. Since we're at a training base, kids come and go all the time, so a new student is nothing new. I've also noticed Texas kids (and people in general) are so nice. I really do love it here...

I'm making Allie a Halloween costume, which is taking me forever, and I've officially decided to really start practicing on my sewing machine. I've had a lot of ideas, but I was always too tired while pregnant, and then there was all that packing...I did make a "fast" (they took me forever, but I did them as quickly as I could) pair of pants for Owen before we left GA though. They were really just practice, but I'm trying hard to make a skirt for Allie. It'll either be cute or a learning experience. Definitely hoping for cute though. :)
My first pair of pants. Didn't leave enough room for a diaper. Oops!

I love this picture of my boys :)
 
btw, in case you are curious, I  used this tutorial:
 I LOVE her website. All the details and pictures make everything so clear.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Hopefully it will be one of those stories you can look back on and laugh about, "hey, remember that time you spit up on the laptop and broke it!?";)
    It's almost more work having the men around. I know I'm always ready for sean to go back to work whenever he is on leave lol
    can't wait to see her costume! I always feel like a lazy mom - my mom made every single one of my halloween costumes and I have bought every single one of the girls so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, cause right now I'm crying! ;) Lol, you are definitely not lazy! I'm just cheap and hate buying costumes!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs