- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoonchili powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4cupchopped red or green sweet pepper (1 medium)
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups purchased salsa
- 6 6 inchescorn tortillas, coarsely torn
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add canola oil to skillet. Add onion and pepper. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach, chicken, and spices.
3. Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread about 1/2 cup of the salsa in the baking dish. Top with half of the tortilla pieces, half of the chicken mixture, and half of the vegetable mixture. Pour half of the remaining salsa over the vegetables and top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers once, ending with cheese
I've been looking for a good sugar cookie recipe, and I'm so glad I found these! These aren't fluffy, but soft and chewy, and soo good. I tried to duplicate Subway's birthday cookies, so I threw some white chocolate chips and dried cranberries in at the end.
Amazing Chewy Sugar Cookies
2 3/4 Cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 sticks butter (butter! not margarine, it makes a difference!)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tblspns. buttermilk*
(*3 tbs. milk+1 tsp vinegar, mix, let sit 5 minutes)
Bake at 350 until bottoms are set, about 7-8 minutes. >>They get hard fast, so take them out before they turn golden, the darker ones below were too crunchy<<