Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Eight


Oh wow, it feels like it's been a lot longer than a year since our last anniversary. I know I've said before that the last year wasn't the easiest, but at one point I remember saying to Joel, "you know, life kind of stinks right now, but at least I get to do it with you." And that has pretty much summed up the last eight years...not the "life stinks" part, but just being with the one person I want to around most of all.
 
 
 
Anyways. Eight years! I feel like it's starting to sound substantial (which I suppose is a sad sign of marriage these days)! It's been a great eight years too. Sometimes I wonder how we got lucky, why we work together so well. I don't really have an answer, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Joel had a really great example on how a marriage should work, and I not so much, and combined we've managed to get it right.
 
 When people do the whole "what's your secret" thing, my answer is just love your spouse more than yourself-even when-or especially when- you don't feel like it. God got it right in Ephesians (5). Lately, I have been working hard to remember to put the cap back on the toothpaste. I think it is an unnecessary hassle in life, but Joel cares, so I'm doing it for him. There you have it-practical application of my advice. I should do seminars! ;) 
 
I was so nervous cutting the cake, haha!
 
the day before our wedding. look how young!
 
We got married young-19! It's funny to think how back then, doing another semester of college or spending a few months apart seemed like an impossibility. When in reality the rest of your life is a whole lot longer...I'm so thankful I got it right though.
 
 
 
Anyways, I feel a lot of mushy, gooey, embarrassing things welling inside of me, so I'm going to end this post. That and before I find more pictures. :)
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. so cute, congrats you guys :) 8 years really is SOMETHING nowadays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs