Thursday, November 8, 2012

Favorite things in the kitchen


Boursin, Garlic & Fine Herbs: I first had this cheese while in France. It is ammmmazing! We use it on crepes & French bread. I only wish it wasn't so pricy
 
 
Celentano Cheese Ravioli: I always have a bag of these in the freezer. This is my go to "I don't feel like cooking" meal. So simple and everyone loves them.

 
Piping bags in a cup: Ok, so not a product, but the most useful kithen tip I've learned for cake decorating. 

 
Ekobrew: We have a Keurig, but the K-cups are really expensive, and a lot of them aren't good. You just use whatever coffee you want in this. It's only $14 on amazon, and saves a ton of money in the long run if you have a keurig.
KitchenAid Mixer: I received this as a gift a week after Sam was born, and I am SO thankful, because I never would have bought one for myself. I use it constantly, and it makes kneading dough a dream. When mine finally dies, I will replace it in a heartbeat!
 

 
 Lindor Truffles: best chocolate ever.

Magic Bullet:  mixes smoothies perfectly. I especially like the compact size. I've had mine over five years now, so it's lasted a lot of use.
 
 
FiestaWare cobalt blue: this color is amazing.
 
 
http://pinterest.com/brinderknecht/food/  I LOVE pinterest for recipes. I went through my "food" board and found that I have tried 35 of the recipes in there! See, it isn't just a time waster!

4 comments:

  1. I have been debating about getting a kitchaid for a while now but haven't had the guts to pull the trigger! sean thinks the price is completely unreasonable and looks at me like i have 4 heads every time i talk about it. poor guy is SO out of touch when it comes to how much things cost.... lol (i saw an article saying a different one scored "best mixer" this year and literally everyone was saying they would STILL choose kitchenaid over it. someone said they still have one from 1930 that works or something like that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that article! I would rather get something that's proven to last, especially with the price you're paying for it. I can see where Sean is coming from since it is a lot of money and walmart is full of $50 stand-up mixers, but this is definitely a case of getting what you pay for. You should try promising to bake him cookies all the time if he gets you this. You got a new car with baked goods, right?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah very true ;) usually the baked goods need to come beforehand to make a difference!
      i still have the $15 hand mixer i got when we first got married to hold us over and it's been doing the job for us so far, so i haven't been able to completely justify it to myself either. maybe whenever we get a tax refund!

      Delete
  3. My Magic Bullet was broken last time we moved :( I was so sad. I have the Cobalt dish set. It was the first thing on my bridal registry and thankfully, I got all 4 sets I asked for. I have been checking sale circulars because I want a KitchenAid but they're out of my budget. Maybe this year is my year! Fingers crossed!
    I have to disagree on the Lindor.. Bailey's chocolates are the best ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs