Friday, November 23, 2012

on to the big one...

Since stripe quilts started popping up on pinterest, I've been a little obsessed. After my five hour ruffle skirt fiasco, I've decided that whenever possible, I'm going to try doing a rough draft on doll size items before going full size.

So, with just a couple of fat quarters, we got this:

Annaleigh picked out the fabric!
 
Now, get ready to squeal with me for the cutest fabric you've ever seen. I just ordered it off etsy and cannot wait for it to get here!!
 
Michael Miller's Groovy Guitar Lagoon
 
I was planning on making Owen a baby sized quilt, but then I came across this:
 
 
 
 And now I'm kind of thinking about making one of each of the prints if Annaleigh ends up sharing a room in the next house. I don't know though, it's definitely more for me than her...it probably won't end up happening but it sure would be cute!
Here are some of the coordinating fabrics:
 

 
 
Here's another combination that I already have that I think would be really cute:
 
 
 I just have to decide how much money I can justify spending on fabric. Unfortunately, there is a limit on how many quilts one family needs...I guess I need more friends to have babies!

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute fabric! I love the Hippos in the middle :)

    I'd like to invite you to our Sunday and Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop!

    Come link up and join in the fun!

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/11/sundaymonday-meet-greet-blog-hop_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those coordinating fabrics shown. Super cute! And that little blanky up top is sure cute too. =0)
    Following you back from the Meet & Greet Blog Hop! So glad you joined.
    ~Kim
    2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs