Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanksgiving Meal Plan



 
 
 
The weather has been so warm here the past few weeks, I can hardly believe that it's almost Thanksgiving! Yesterday morning a cold front came in, and today I've been blasting Christmas music, and I realized I should probably be thinking about what I'm going to make next week. It's only our little family this year, but I don't care...I'm still going all out. That's what Thanksgiving is about after all. ;)

I've more or less followed this turkey recipe the past few years, and I've never been disappointed, so I figure why mess with a good thing? I'm going to do the gravy this time around though, which I've never done. 
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/brined-and-roasted-turkey-recipe/index.html

These Pioneer Woman mashed potatoes are insanely good.  If you read the ingredient list, it's easy to tell why, but I figure they are so rich you don't have to add butter once they're done, and that must count for something. Plus, they are make ahead which makes them even more lovely.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/11/delicious_creamy_mashed_potatoes/


This is the first year I'm going to do homemade rolls, and I'm thinking I'm going with these:
http://www.you-made-that.com/rocket-rolls/



These may or may not happen. I've actually never had brussel sprouts, so if they don't get made on Thanksgiving day, it will happen soon.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/brussels-sprouts-with-bacon-recipe/index.html


Okay, so here's the classy part of our meal. I can't help it, I love this stuff.
 
 

 
 
 
And finally dessert. I can never choose between cheesecake, pumpkin pie, or apple pie, but I figure we'll get two out of three with this pumpkin cheesecake.


http://cookingclassy.blogspot.com/2012/11/pumpkin-cheesecake-with-salted-caramel.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FBfaXW+%28Cooking+Classy%29


So there you have it. What Thanksgiving food is your favorite?














6 comments:

  1. Hi Bethany,
    Your meal look delicious. I love watching Pioneer Woman. Anyway, I'm following you now. You were a no reply commenter, so I couldn't send you an email. I understand what you said about surrendering. It is hard, but I think God is there to help us with our problems. It can also bring great peace. I just wanted to let you know that I saw your comment and really appreciated it. Your blog is lovely, I'm happy to be following you.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    P.S. I also have a link party tomorrow and would love to have you join. You and link any posts that you like and as many as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your food ideas! They seem so normal compared to my retro food! To answer your question, in the past few years, I have taken a crazy liking to sweet potatoes. The gooier and messy, the better! I used to hate them when I was a kid. Keep up the good work!! I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I think my favorite thing about thanking giving dinner is sweet potato pie! Love your blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pioneer Woman has an insanely busy blog, lol. I just went there for the first time ever (never heard of it until you mentioned it) but the potatoes do sound like a great once in a year indulgence for the family that they'll love...and I love no peeling, boiling what have you on the big day (though we will be using them for Christmas, not Thanksgiving :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Up until recently, the only sweet potatoes I have ever had were the kind with marshmallows (mellows?) on top. I've never had sweet potato pie!! I believe the Pioneer Woman has her own TV show now!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs