Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas highs and lows

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! I think this is the first year where I don't feel sad for Christmas to have come and gone. I think that is because it is the half-way mark to us leaving Texas, and I'm looking forward for what's to come.

Anyways, here are some Christmas highs and lows!


The Good:

Christmas cookies! I even managed to get Joel to help out. ;) (btw, Sam did the American flag!)

Christmas Eve dinner. All the finger foods you could want! I tried something new and made these "crab wontons." They were really yummy! We ate a bunch of junk food and watched Brave for the first time.

Sam was so excited about his gifts. That's him getting his remote control tank.


 
Martha Stewart's Monkey Bread. Our Christmas breakfast tradition.
 
My present! After Owen threw up on my last laptop Joel bought some new parts and got it running again, but it blacked out at least once every 30 seconds. Pretty annoying, and I'm so happy to have a new one! I'm also in love with Windows 8. It made the shower radio and rotating tie holder I got him look a little lame though (haha, I was out of ideas this year!).
 
my mom got the kids a bunch of craft activities. so much fun!

this lion from my in-laws. So ridiculously cuuuuute!
 
 Lows:
 
 
 
The bike we got Allie is too big & scared her. I still haven't returned it, and every time she sees it she says "I DON'T LIKE MY BIKE."
 
this present for Joel. Allie dropped it and broke his head and arm off. I thought for $25 he'd be a little better made :P
(lets pretend it looked something like this)
 
Christmas dinner. What can I say? I was tired. I threw a turkey breast in the crockpot, & we had French fries, instant stuffing, and canned cranberry sauce. It was easy at least!
 
 
This present. Apparently some of the jewels were dropped (actually a lot of them) and Owen ate them. I found "treasure" in his diaper the next three days. That was a weird surprise.
 
 
So there it is! Overall, it was a really great time, and Owen left the Christmas tree alone which was awesome!

2 comments:

  1. haha that reminds me of kaia and her bike. we upgraded her this summer - she went from a 12" to an 18" and is terrified of it haha 16 inch didn't look like it would last long so i wanted to get the most use out of it as we could... call me a bad mom but I don't feel like shelling out for a bike in every size :P
    And don't feel bad about christmas dinner. We had chinese take out (and it took 2 hours because everyone else was doing that too lol)
    congrats on the new laptop and owen leaving the tree alone! my girls ended up breaking quite a few ornaments this year :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's why Allie got a 16" bike! I wanted to skip the 12" one since it doesn't seem like it will last. (Sam got the 18" one for his birthday, and it was a little big, but he's grown!)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs