Monday, December 17, 2012

count your blessings

Three posts in a 24 hour span~ that has to be some kind of record! Anyways, I just wanted to give a little update on my decision for Sam, because I spent a long, hard time deciding what to do with him today. My first thought was to pull him out of school today, and possibly the whole week, but after a while I realized that more important than what the principal and 3rd grade teacher did, is how I felt about Sam's actual teacher. How I feel is that I am grateful that she is Sam's teacher. I feel confident that she has her students best interest in mind. Basically, if I can trust her tomorrow or next week with my baby, then I can trust her today. I sent Sam in with a letter telling his teacher as much.
Second, after I dropped Sam off, I went  and bought a fruit tray and some chocolates for the receptionists. I figured that if the angry outpourings online was any indicator, they'd be having a bad day since they were the ones that people would be taking their frustrations out on. Two of the ladies started crying when I brought it in, so I felt good about showing them some compassion.
So, while what happened at his school was absolutely not okay, and something should be done, the people that are there right now are the very same ones that we as parents would hope&pray would protect our children with their lives if it ever came down to it. I think now, more than ever, it is important to let people around us know that what they do counts, and that we appreciate them, and not to take out our fear and anger on those that don't deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! That almost made me cry!! Im going to email my girls teachers right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so sweet - what a nice gesture. you are so right!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs