Friday, December 7, 2012

Flip Flop

Joel's schedule changed again, so instead of going to work at 3 pm, now he gets home at 3.  Both have good and bad points, but a surprisingly good one is that I've begun waking up at 5:30 with him. It's an hour earlier than my normal time, but it has honestly been the best thing for me. I am a g.r.u.m.p. in the morning, but by getting up an hour before the kids, I have time to wake up, and enjoy some coffee and silence before the chaos begins. It has really helped my mornings start better, and I'm sure not having a crabby mommy makes the kids morning more pleasant too. ;)

Anyways, here are a few other things from this past week:

Annaleigh's Christmas cards for the grandparents
 
Yeah, the kid growling at your kid at the park? She's mine. In her defense, she's a "shark-horse" so she really can't help it. 
My sewing space...you're also not seeing the table which is covered in my junk ;)
 
After is a little better, but I'm starting to dream of a little hutch type desk I can close up...
 
The product of all that mess:
An apron for Sam
and one for a friend
The kid's tree (which I adore)
our tiny tree with Christmas books (the kids get to take turns unwrapping a book each night). Cute in theory, awful in practice. An awful lot of whining and arguing is involved, this will definitely NOT become a tradition :P
something else we're trying, an activity advent calendar I made with felt & felt ornaments, this may be a keeper
 
Potato leek soup. It's been in the high 70's all week, so I'm trying to convince myself it's Christmas time with seasonal foods ;)
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. oh the soup sounds goooood! love that the kids have a tree, so cute.
    LOL a shark horse, she sounds like she's so much fun :)
    I may have to try waking up earlier too, I think that is what i need, some time to wake up without kids ordering me around right away haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kid's Christmas cards! SO adorable!! And will definitely have to try the soup. With temps in the 50's we need to get seasonal too :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs