It's been a while since my last Good Wife, Bad Wife post. I'm feeling a teeny bit shaky on which side I fall on for this one.
Subject matter? Yesterday's post. I'm going to skip ahead and show you a few of my very favorite home ideas:
Notice a theme? White. I absolutely love white. It's bright and cheery and clean (at least before the reality of three kids and a dog set in). As much as I love it, Joel hates it. He leans toward color & modern designs, while I am monochromatic & traditional/farmhouse. This is probably the biggest area where we don't see eye to eye.
We're (I'm, haha) planning on a new bedroom once we move, and we've looked at probably hundreds of bedsets, until we finally found this bedroom set from Kohls that we both like. I however can't get rid of my want for a white comforter...
1. Being economical. I was given about ten yards of white fabric, so it's pretty much free.
2. I'm not forcing him to buy the $180 Pottery Barn one.
3. I'm standing firm on this one. Being confident in one's choice has to be a good thing, right?
4. I'm not subjecting him to future pouting.
1. I know that Joel hates it as much as I love it.
2. I also know that by making the thing myself, there is no way he can say no to it. That would just be wrong. ;)
3. Thanks to a friend (Thanks Christine!), I learned that Target has a $40 version, so if mine fails, I'll probably still buy it.
4. There was actual horror in his eyes when I showed him what I was working on, his response was, "I thought we were buying one??" (we still are).