Friday, December 28, 2012

New year, New blog...


So, I decided to start a second blog. Last year my goal was to do things more healthy, and while I did make some progress, I really didn't get as far as I had hoped. It's a teensy bit embarrassing, but besides salad, I'm really not a huge vegetable person, and I'm really wanting to change that (we have them at every meal, I just don't love them). I think there are a lot of reasons why I never had the follow through I wanted...thinking it would be too much time, too much money, not enough cheeseburgers...the main one I'm coming up with is that I'm too stuck in my way of what dinner is supposed to look like: meat, carbs, and a few veggies on the side.
 
Basically, I'm starting the second blog as a kind of way to keep myself "accountable." I'm thinking I'll post recipes I try, the families reactions to them, and also how much I spend each week (I'll have $100 allotted each week for groceries, household items, and diapers if I can squeeze them in). I think it would be really really awesome if I could switch us over to a mostly vegetarian lifestyle, but I am a self-professed meat lover. Haha, but who knows, maybe this will be such a success we'll all become vegans.
 
Here's the link to it, tell me what you think about the whole thing. I know it's not a new idea or anything, but I think it will help. Public shame is a great motivator.

http://eatemup121.blogspot.com/


Haha, and just in case you really care, this song is the inspiration to my blog name. I've heard this song on cd in the car about 9 million times.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zti3z4m2mLQ

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for your new blog - i always need meal ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs