Friday, January 25, 2013

11 questions

My friend Christine came up with these 11 questions to answer. I'm thinking I'm going to be lazy and not even come up with my own, but if you read this, you are tagged to answer them!

1. Who has impacted your life the most (why)? My husband. I was borderline crazy before I met him. ;)

2. What always encourages you? My kids. I want to be a good example to them, so they encourage me to try harder in almost every aspect of my life.

3. What is the funniest joke you've ever heard?
 
Missing Missy I die every time I read it. I don't know if it's actually true, but I am totally letting myself believe that it is. Click on the link! Clink on it and tell me how funny you think it is too!!
 
I also think these two are hilarious, mostly because they are so true (in my case). Even Joel was impressed by how dead-on they are ;):

 

4. What is one thing you can't live without in the winter? lotion is nice, but I'm going with hot chocolate. Definite wintertime necessity...and if I can be choosy, I'm going to add some whip cream on there.

5. What is your favorite book? Not saying it is the best book I've ever read, but it's the funniest one I've read in a while (reader discretion required, haha). Btw, I really need a good book suggestion!
 
I also read this one several months back. I actually thought it was really good (she also wrote My Sister's Keeper). It follows the life of a boy who commits a school shooting, his friend, and their parents. I think it gave a good  perspective from the parents side of things. It's emotional without being overly so and it's not filled with unnecessary graphicness (if that's a word).
 
 
 
 
6. What is your "quirkiest" habit? I used to spend forever in front of a mirror plucking grey hairs (I'm from a family of early grayers) but I've since given up and just dye it regularly. I don't want to go bald.

7. If you could only see in one color the rest of your life which color would it be?
 
Blue. At least that way I could see the sky, and that takes up a lot of space outside.

8. If you could go back 10 years and give yourself advice what would it be? To stop caring about what I think other people are thinking. No one actually cares, and even if they do, it has no impact on my life. Still working on this one actually...

9. What is something you are secretly good at? Hmmm, drawing a blank on this one!

10. Favorite holiday/any traditions that make it extra special? Every Christmas we buy an ornament that represents something special that happened that year. I love looking back at all the memories those ornaments represent.

11. If you had to make a life motto for yourself what would it be?
To go along with #8:
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
And this one, which reminds me that I must seek God with all my heart:
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

1 comment:

  1. boo, i tried clicking on the missy link and it told me it was malware lol
    and yes, i am right there with you and #8!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs