Monday, January 7, 2013

Break's over!

 

 
Christmas vacation is officially over tomorrow! We had a really great break. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but that has become the rule rather than the exception ever since Owen joined our family. :) We had an unexpected snow day which was great. The kids loved it! Joel has been studying like crazy (think 3 hours a day) for a promotion test coming in February. Like all things in the military you don't hear anything for a long time, so we won't know if his work will pay off until June.
 
I know you all are probably sick of hearing about it, but I'm starting to get really anxious about where we're going next. Joel's class ends March 15, which is only a week and two months away. We would like to live on base, and they usually have wait lists, so I really want to get on one. Anyways, the good news is that even if we end up at a not-great base, I'll just be happy to finally know what's coming! I was thinking today that after this move, it will be the first time that we don't have any major life changes coming. Up until now, there was always moves to be made, and we were working at growing our family. So there was always something that we were planning on doing, but for now at least, there's nothing! It feels really great!
 
I also finally made something for Sam that he actually likes! (Even though I cringe a little at all the mistakes I made) It's a little pillow. Here's the back:
 Later I may be posting embarrassing pictures of my flubby tummy in hopes of really motivating myself to work on my fitness this year. What's more motivating than having only bad pictures and no follow up better ones later? We'll see about that though, haha! I keep thinking that I'll post the before ones once I have a couple "afters" to go along, but then I never actually get started.
 
I think that's all I've got for now! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs