Saturday, January 12, 2013

sick baby and team spirit

This has been a long long week. Poor Owen's been sick and teething. I actually think that he was the sickest any of my babies have ever been while so young. We ended up not going to the doctor though, because it seems like 95% of the time, it is a huge waste of time.

(sick baby. Allie wanted him to have a pillow)
 

We did end up getting Annaleigh a smaller bike. I decided to go used since it wouldn't last as long, and because I wasn't persuaded that she'd actually want to use it. Turns out she LOVES it. Sam's school is 1/2 a mile away, and I usually put her in the stroller, but Friday she rode her bike both ways. I was so proud!

 
(don't worry, she uses a helmet!)
 
Since becoming an official football fan this year, I decided to get my kids in on it too.  I looked around a lot for a cheerleader outfit, but like anything NFL, they were super expensive. Even used on ebay they were $25+ dollars. So I decided to make my own, and I realized this week that this could be my last chance, so I finally got it done. I got the orange and blue material for $1.50 total. My neighbor made the bows.:)

 
(I think I should have put the horse on the bottom...)
 
I have a problem when I sew of not reading all the way to the end of directions and winging it, so I messed up the back. I've actually done it once before on another skirt, so I'd think I'd learn my lesson. :P
 
 
 
It was originally four layers, but it just looked wrong...too long & uneven. So I cut it off and made Allie's two dolls skirts with it. I'm actually really liking how they turned out.
 
 
 
For Sam, I found a plain shirt at the commissary for $3, and then I bought iron on transfers off of ebay for another $3.
 
(sideways, but the back. Haha, see Annaleigh pouting?)
 
 
Anyways, after f.o.u.r. hours of football, the Broncos season is officially over. Good thing I got it done this week!
 
 
And little O got to wear Sam's old outfit that I found at a yard sale for 25 cents. Haha, that's how to have team spirit on a budget!


 

 

3 comments:

  1. that skirt looks great! go allie! that bike looks perfect for her :) and yeah, going to the dr for sick kids usually is a waste of time "tylenol, fluids and if it gets worse just call us back". ugh even the one time kaia was really sick and had a 104 fever they were like well if its 106 then you should take her to the hospital but anything below that don't worry about it. I was freaking out haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. 104 is HIGH, 106 is insane! I actually made an appointment, but ended up canceling it, since yeah, it's a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the outfits They look great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs