Friday, March 22, 2013

made it!

This move went beautifully! I'm still in complete shock that there were no crises as there has been on every single one of our other moves. We left TX on Saturday and made it to NE by Monday. It was pretty uneventful besides the second day when we took the wrong route and turned a 4.5 hour drive into a 6.5 hour one. So frustrating! Owen is exhausting to travel with, but he could have been worse as he only cried an hour or two each night, but we are extraordinarily happy for him to be in his own room again!!  Anyways, got into town Monday, got the keys to our house Tuesday, and were really surprised when we got a call that our things would be delivered Wednesday. Now that's efficient! Obviously, now we're busy unpacking, although we're not moving as fast as we normally do.

I will say it is so cold. I feel so weak, haha. I lived several years in Colorado, but I don't remember being as cold as I am now, and it's mid-March! (So far the high has been 36* with the mornings around 19*. It was freezing when the movers were bringing everything in!)

I took Sam to get him registered for his new school on Thursday, and I have really good feelings about the new school. I was feeling sick with guilt over this being his third school in a year, but God really blessed us with such a flexible and easygoing boy. I know he misses his old school, but he's pretty excited about this one. There's no pre-school, but as long as we don't move again, Allie should start kindergarten there in two years!

Oh, haha. The teacher did warn me to have Sam bring a warm coat & hat everyday, because as long as the temperature is over 20 (TWENTY!) degrees and it's not raining, they go outside for recess twice a day, for 20 minutes (which I really do love since a lot of schools are getting away from recess). Good thing he moves around faster than I do, cause that's the only thing that's going to keep him warm in weather like that!

I'll post some house pictures later, when every room in the house doesn't look worse than this:

1 comment:

  1. yay! bet it feels so great to be settled in (or getting there!)! you've been in mild weather for almost 6 years now haha i'm sure the cold will take some getting used to! and hopefully it will warm up soon! it's almost april :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs