Friday, April 19, 2013

A first time for everything...

I love my kids, I really do. But when there is free child care being offered, I'll jump on that, haha. Thanks to said free childcare, Joel and I will be attending the Air Force Birthday Ball this May. In preparation, I decided that once and for all I was going to learn how to do a smoky eye. That's right. I'm 28 and have never learned that basic female tool.

Luckily, the world wide web is full of useful information, and I finally found one I could follow along. I think I actually got it down pretty well too! I always thought I had weird eyes, and couldn't do this kind of look.
 
http://blog.gloprofessional.com/2013/02/kate-mccarthys-date-night-tutorial.html

 
 
And then of course, it turns out you can't have good makeup on and a dirty t-shirt, so I squeezed into my favorite LBD. Victoria's Secret did good on this one. I LOVE it. It does wonders to a lumpy body. Ruching is a woman's best friend. :P As if lumpy body camouflage wasn't goo enough.I ordered a plum version on ebay, and got sent a black one instead, so they just gave it to me for free! This is the only tight dress I'd dare wear at this point of my life. And boo, can't find it anywhere on the VS website... 
 
 
breathe in...
 
and let it all out...
 
 
But anyways, there it is. I had "learn the smoky eye" on my Do Before 30 list. What a dork, haha.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. definitely pulled it off! that dress is great (and you "letting it all out" - puhhhlease :P you still look amazing)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs