Sunday, May 5, 2013

20 hours

The Air Force has this program to help transitioning families where they give you 20 hours of childcare to use when you leave and arrive at a new duty station. (You have 60 days to use it, and I have to get it all in before May 19) Because of a paperwork mix up at the clinic in TX, Owen was behind schedule on his immunizations so I wasn't able to take advantage of the program (although Allie could have gone). It would have really reeeally helped then, but I decided to use it once we got here. Joel wishes we had used it when he had his two weeks off, but it is nice for me since there's nothing pressing I have to get done. If we had used it earlier I'm sure I would have spent it unpacking.

So, I'm getting 4 days of 5 hours with a lady who does daycare in her home. My first day was last Friday, and Annaleigh loved it which is awesome, because otherwise I probably would have felt too guilty to have used anymore of my time.

Friday was a lesson in how much you can get done when you're not dragging kids around with you. What I did:

1. Went to the bank
2. Got a really awful haircut...(I think I could have done layers as well as this lady did. It's so choppy and uneven)

3. Stopped at Hallmark. Remembered that Hallmark is mostly overpriced, but decided that if I had really cute notebooks being organized would be so much easier.
4. Had lunch with Sam at school.
5.Went to JCP to return some stuff and bought my very first maxi dress, which I'm pretty excited about since I always thought I was too short and wide for them, but this one works.
 
6. Went to a children's consignment store and got Allie the cutest Gap dress for $3.
7. Went to Target. Really thinking I need to go back for two of these lampshades:
 
8. Still managed to end up with an hour to go home, read, and eat a bag of Target popcorn!
 
 
I have my next five hours tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll just go to Lowes for some garden shopping, and then come home and enjoy some silence for a while. :)
 


1 comment:

  1. i'm sure in a week or two once your hair grows a bit it'll look more incorporated - i've done that before, where i've cut the layers too blunt and thankfully it doesn't take terribly long to work itself out. cute dress and cute lamp shade! i love maxi dresses! and you, WIDE!?? lol girrrrl, you need your eyes checked :P

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs