Thursday, June 13, 2013

my last excuse...

My last excuse arrived in the mail today. I've dabbled with exercise here and there since having Owen, but there's always been laziness something stopping me from jumping in all the way. I always had landmarks to pass before (like once we moved, once Owen slept through the night, once we moved again, once Owen was a  year...)  Owen's down to nursing only right before bed, and that was the last really big one. I really didn't have any other excuses besides not owning decent running shoes, but that is gone now.

 
I even went out and bought my first not-Walmart-priced shoes since, well, since my parents stopped buying shoes for me. I think I have some internal wish that the extra $40 I spent is going to make getting into shape more fun. At least they are pretty cute, and cute is always fun.


Anyways, my plan is to get strong. Yes, I still have some weight I want off (especially since I gained 5 pounds back since nursing stopped, but that happened to me the two times before, so I knew that was coming), but my main goal here is to get strong again. Losing weight will just be the happy byproduct.  I've been in good shape before, and I know how I feel now, definitely feels nothing like that feels. I'm going to do a weekly review of what I did mostly because I know I'll do better if someone else at least knows.

So. Here's the plan.

Next Monday I'm officially starting the "Couch To 5k" program. I plan on doing that on Mondays, Wednesdays, and  the third day either Saturday or Sunday. I'm pretty sure I'll go running sometime in the evenings. I made two really pitiful attempts to get up at 5:30am and go running, and it wasn't pretty. I literally jogged five houses down, then walked back home. So for now, early morning jogs are out, haha. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll do yoga and focus on my stomach muscles. I also really need to drink a lot more water than I am right now. Sometimes I'll get to the end of the day and realize the only thing I've had all day is a cup of coffee in the morning. So, all this to say-be watching for an update! ;)

1 comment:

  1. you got this, girlfriend! :D and i lol'd at jogging 5 houses and walking back - sounds so much like me

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs