Monday, November 18, 2013

wait...

Well, I have an answered prayer that saved me $500! :) My insurance approved my blood testing for the brca test. So in 2-3 weeks, I should have my answer. I think I will be on pins and needles every time my phone rings until then! I find the whole process absolutely amazing. Basically, my family has a specific strand of DNA that's missing that leaves us susceptible to breast & ovarian cancer (also an increased risk of skin & pancreatic cancer). So, the laboratory is going to be looking at my DNA to see if that teeny strand is missing. I'm fascinated with human anatomy/biology, so to me this is some incredible stuff. I can't get out of my mind how intricately God made each of us!
 

2 comments:

  1. ahhh! that's AMAZING news that they covered it! i'm so glad you were able to get the test done and now you can plan accordingly. ah, so happy about this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! :) I was a little afraid I was going to throw up in the doctors office I was so nervous, but come what may, I'm glad that parts done!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs