Thursday, February 20, 2014

birthday bash

Well, I am officially in my last year of my 20's. Funny how not that long ago 30 seemed old, and now it doesn't. I am blessed with a husband who likes to celebrate, so although we did nothing on my actual birthday thanks to a stomach bug, we had a great time Saturday.

My man knows the key to my heart, so we kick started the celebration with a trip to Hobby Lobby. Next up was the other key to my heart: The A1 Peppercorn burger from Red Robin. So much delicious.
 
After that we swung by Petsmart to pick up my birthday gift. Three sweet little zebra finches that I names Charlotte, Henry, and Penelope. They make me happy. :) I've actually wanted birds for the longest time, but didn't want to rush into more responsibility that I was going to regret later. I bought their birdcage for $8 at Goodwill back in July, and it's been hanging out in the garage waiting for me to commit ever since.

 
 
Later on I ended up getting a few more nice surprises. I couple weeks ago I sent Joel a link to a bed et I've wanted for a long while, but he's always said "no" to because it's white. Anyways, about a day after sending the link, I figured I wasn't going to get it, and decided I was going to live vicariously through Annaleigh and bought her a set from Target in light pink. Obviously I could return Allie's, but I've already set my heart on it, so it's staying. (win for me, haha!)
Annaleigh's...
mine (but in whiter)
 
And finally the last surprise, and the one I probably love the most. I asked Joel if he'd make me a fairy house half-jokingly, cause I've wanted a little fairy garden for the longest time, like this:
 
and he made me this one which is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.  I love it. :)
 
All in all, a very happy 29th!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The Rinderknecht men sure know how to spoil their wives ;) Glad you had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you finally got your bedding :D and that's so sweet that he made you that fairy house! so thankful you have a husband who celebrates you, you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs