Tuesday, March 4, 2014

big boy

 
Well, the big day came (two weeks ago...) my baby got switched over to his crib. He was actually pretty overdue for the change. He's known how to climb out of his crib for about a month, but I was really resisting the change. Not so much because I wanted to keep him a baby, but because switching from crib to bed is such a big change, and I wasn't sure how we'd all survive.

There was a lot of debate about whether to put him in a toddler bed or a twin bed (we had both), but in the end, it ended up not really being a choice. We were actually keeping the spare twin mattress in his room and it turned out the only other place to put it was the garage, and I definitely didn't want to do that, so into the twin he went.

So far it's going about as well as I had expected. Thankfully, putting him in that little room with nothing interesting to do seems to be working. Where Annaleigh stopped napping as soon as she switched, Owen doesn't have much to do to keep him entertained (besides throwing all his blankets and pillows over the baby gate and then crying to get them back...) so he's still been taking most of his naps. Annaleigh loves to go in there and read bedtime stories with him.
 
 The one bit of trouble we've had is that he's taken to sleeping on the floor.  It's him being naughty more than anything else. If I'm the one who puts him to bed, he'll end up on the floor, and will wake up screaming if I put him back to his bed. If Joel puts him to bed, he usually just stays there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs