Thursday, May 8, 2014

spring has sprung

I think it's safe to say that spring is here! I am so very happy! Having spent the past several years in states with mild winters, this winter seemed to have lasted forever (and native Nebraskans said it was a lot colder than previous winters). Now I need to go about shedding the winter coat I gained after spending five months stuck inside. ;) Call me crazy, but I love mowing the lawn, and was pretty happy to be out there Saturday. Even happier when I compared our lawn to our neighbors, and realized all the weed treatments from last year worked!


mmmm, can you smell the freshly cut grass?
that robin marks the line between our yard and our neighbors. See the difference!? That's how ours looked last year.

We have a ten day roadtrip to Colorado coming up, so I planned to not buy any flowers until we got home, but I caved. That said, I can't think of a way spending $25 would make me happier! Same as last year, I went to the store without any plans except to buy what made me smile. I might add to my collection later, but for now, I'm pretty happy with what I've got.
I LOVE these ferns. Only $10 at Lowes!

These purple ones are fakes, but I think they're cute out here
 


I'm kicking myself for not buying another pot of these. They weren't blooming when I bought them, so they were marked down to $3.
I bought the "hello" sticker online, cause I've always thought they were cute. I learned you have to be careful how you place it, because it took me a few days to realize that couldn't see the "o" from the sidewalk. Oops, haha!
Dash says hello

2 comments:

  1. The flowers look great! I just want to squish that grass between my toes, it looks so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs