Sunday, July 20, 2014

Going Nowhere: Italy

For this month's themed date night, we had an Italy night. I tried to think outside of the spaghetti and pizza box, so for dinner we had Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup and gnocchi (which we've never had), and listened to Italian music. The soup was AMAZING. So very, very good. I pretty much followed the directions, except that I used ground hot Italian sausage & frozen spinach  and let everything but the tortellini simmer for an hour or two. This will definitely be a soup staple in our house! (It was a little spicy, so if that's not your thing you might not want to use hot sausage or go half & half).
 
After dinner, I had us do a painting together. I figure Italy is full of amazing art, so we'd create our own. Hah!! What it really did was take Joel and I back to why we hated art class in high school. :D We tried following a youtube video of how to paint poppies. Part of the problem-along with neither of us having any real painting talent-was that we didn't let stuff dry so everything was kind of a mess. Oh well, it was definitely different from our normal routine, and we got some good laughs from the night if not some good art.
I'll let you guess which one belongs to whom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs