Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ten

Thursday, the husband and I celebrated ten years of marriage. I can't believe it's ten years already, so I think that's a pretty good sign (haha). That man of mine did good...he surprised me by taking the day off of work & taking me to the mall where I got go pick out a new sparkly diamond ring. Later that evening we went out to a little Mexican restaurant (which was THE fanciest restraint Samuel had EVER seen, lol) and then we all gathered around the firepit. I finished up the evening by falling asleep at 7:30. Apparently the day tuckered me out. Man I'm getting old...

I think each year God shows me something about our marriage, and this year the thing I've been overwhelmed by is how grateful I am that my kids have a father who loves his wife. As a child of divorce, I know the pain, anxiety, and confusion that a broken marriage causes. Obviously, we have our own set of issues, but I know that our kids have stability in our relationship, and that really is huge. Annaleigh drew this picture a little while back of us "date-nighting" and it warmed my heart. (Interpretation: we're cuddling on the couch watching a movie with candles on the table.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs